Monday 30 August 2010

The Game

One of the things I did while I was working at summer camp, was read a book called, 'The Game' to the kids I looked after, to get them to sleep. The book was written by Diana Wynne Jones, one of the main inspirations for my idea. This book proved to be no different, and gave me lots of new ideas. In my film I have the idea of her following the dog, and slowly entering the mythological world. In the book, the protagonists play a game in which they enter a place called the mythosphere, a place where fairytale and mythological characters are alive and act out their stories in continuous loops. The protagonists can interfere with the stories slightly, but the outcome eventually turns out the same way as the story is meant to. I think that I would like something like this for my own mythological world.

No comments:

Post a Comment