Monday 25 October 2010

First Presentation to the Class

Today we presented our films to the class. We didn't manage to get through everyone, but luckily I managed to show mine to the class. Once again, I got some valuable feedback, and it has caused me to change my idea a little bit!! I mentioned that I had originally had the girl standing at a gravestone before she met the dog, and Leonie said that she liked that bit a lot better, because it made the chase a lot more personal to the girl. She also told me to read the Mabinogion, which has been on my to do list for a while. She said that chasing the cwn annwn was meant to be something enjoyable, not something to fear,which was the direction I was heading in. Leonie also told me that she thought I was spelling things out too much for the audience, and I could definitely cut a lot of things out, such as the mother and daughter arguing. It would also help in shortening the film, which it possibly needs. So at the end of the presentation, I knew that my idea was probably something more suited for a feature film, and not a 3 minute film.


So my idea changed slightly. I decided that I would keep it in the present time, but the girl would be standing at the grave of a loved one. This would make the chase a lot more believable. I do not think that she would go to such lengths for something that she had just met, so something/ someone that once meant a lot to her, would be so much more understandable to the audience. My next plan is to buy the Mabinogion, and find out what information it has on the cwn annwn.

No comments:

Post a Comment